York International is an international company, which is owned by Johnson Controls brand. It was founded in 1874 in York, Pennsylvania, USA. Developed the York brand of refrigeration and heating equipment, at present it is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of air conditioning, heating and cooling equipment.
NEED HELP WITH AIR DUCT SYSTEM?
We have 1 technician in Toronto
York Air Conditioner Cleaning Steps
For the York air conditioner to work without failures, it should be cleaned at least several times a year – before and at the end of the season. It is necessary to clean the external and internal block, to wash the drainage system. Almost all this can be done with ordinary detergents and your own hands, but some cleaning operations should be performed by a professional technician.
Internal York Air Conditioner Unit
Component parts should be cleaned regularly. Particular attention should be paid to coarse filters, as they are primarily clogged with dirt. Often, this procedure can be performed with the help of a vacuum cleaner, making it a duty in the process of cleaning the apartment. If the filters are too clogged, then they can be washed with a special detergent, and then rinse with water and dry.
Besides cleaning or replacing the filters, you may also clean the evaporator, which is the main component of the internal module, with your own hands. First, you can also clean the dust with a brush or vacuum cleaner and then rinse with a disinfectant.
It will be more difficult with fine filters, as there are elements among them that cannot be washed, then they should be replaced. These include carbon, antioxidant and antibacterial filters. Once all the components and parts have dried out, you can collect the insides in reverse order.
External York Air Conditioner Unit
- Turn off the power.
- Remove the top panel, remove any large debris you find in the case.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a soft bristle nozzle to remove dust from hard-to-reach places. Be careful not to damage parts – many components can bend easily.
- Unscrew the grille on top of the York air conditioner. The fan usually rises with the grille, so be careful not to damage the electrical connections.
- Wipe the fan with a clean, damp cloth.
- Clean the condenser – it has a smooth, flat surface, so the process will not take long and will not be complicated.
- Assemble the unit. Return the fan and grille to their original position and screw them back onto the unit.
- Leave the unit off for 12-24 hours.
How Often Should the Air Conditioner Be Cleaned
Carry out regular preventive maintenance and cleaning of the York air conditioner yourself or with the help of specialists, if you notice:
- unpleasant and strong smell after turning on the air conditioner in one of the operating modes;
- water flows from the indoor unit during its operation;
- loud crackling and noise can be heard when the York air conditioner is switched on.
Why Clean Your Air Duct System
- Reduce dust;
- Remove mold and mildew;
- Remove bad smells;
- Remove cigarette and vape smell;
- Improve airflow;
- Help reduce allergies and asthma symptoms;
- Reduce the risk of exhaust fires;
- Increase efficiency of duct system;
- Maintain indoor air quality;
- Maintain comfortable temperatures;
- Energy saving;
- Promote better health;
- Reduce repair costs.
What We Do
- Cleaning all ducts and vents from top to bottom;
- Cleaning all main and return lines;
- Commercial sanitization and cleaning;
- Air conditioner maintenance or repair;
- Furnace cleaning & repair;
- Odour removal;
- Indoor air quality testing;
- Air conditioner installation & replacement;
- Furnace installation;
- Humidifier installation;
- Hepa or air purification installation;
- HVAC inspection;
- Deep duct cleaning;
- Filter replacement;
- Basic sanitization and air balancing for each vent;
- Dryer vent cleaning;
- J-panel cleaning.
If you have noticed any malfunctions in your air conditioner, in this case it is better to contact a specialist. Safe ADC provides York air conditioner cleaning and maintenance services, as well as the following list of services:
- York portable air conditioner cleaning;
- York heating and air conditioning cleaning;
- York window air conditioner cleaning;
- York air conditioner cleaning;
- York furnace cleaning;
- York central air conditioner;
- York air conditioner filter cleaning;
- York air conditioner filter repair and replacement.
What People Think About Us
Excellent duct cleaning service provided by a friendly and professional technicians! We use their service regularly!
They arrived exactly when they said, cleaned out my air duct system, and gave me some tips how to sanitize it. They charged an affordable price.
From start to finish, my hvac cleaning went as planned. They've removed all the mold inside, the indoor has become cleaner. Professional team!!!
How often air duct systems need to be cleaned?
Your air duct system need to be cleaned for the same reason as your house needs cleaning. It is recommended that HVAC systems be cleaned every 3 years.
Will air duct cleaning lead to lower energy bills?
HVAC systems cleaning can improve air flow up to 25%. That means your system shouldn't be running as long as it's supposed to. Less system uptime will reduce your energy costs and will lead to lower your energy bills.
Can dirty air ducts cause disease?
In homes with dirty air ducts, residents may experience symptoms similar to those of an allergy, including coughing, sneezing, and runny nose. Mold, dust, and other debris lurking in your ducts can also cause sore throat, headaches, and even dizziness.
How do you know if the ducts need cleaning?
There are several clear indications that the duct needs cleaning:
- air filters get dirty too fast.
- unexplained spikes in your energy bill.
- signs of rodent or insect infestation.
- dirt or dust around the vents and registers.
- unexplained respiratory problems.
- visible mold growth.
- airflow isn't consistent from room to room.
- noises in the ductwork.
How often should I have my vents cleaned?
A good rule of thumb for homeowners is to clean your ducts every three to five years. This is the minimum, as this is the length of time that it can take for the ducts to fill back up with grit and grime after a thorough cleaning. However, some homeowners are going to need more frequent cleanings.
Do you have a guarantee for your duct cleaning services?
Yes, our air duct cleaning services come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.